This post will answer if Grubhub drivers get benefits. In addition to this, we will be checking out the main advantages or benefits of working as a delivery driver for Grubhub. Finally, we will be listing the different requirements that you will need to have in order to become a delivery driver for Grubhub.
Do Grubhub drivers get benefits?
Yes, Grubhub drivers get benefits such as healthcare subsidies and even guaranteed minimum earnings. In addition to this, drivers get benefits of a mandatory rest period of six hours after 12 hours of delivery driving for the platform.
Advantages of working as a delivery driver in Grubhub
Working as a delivery driver in Grubhub can be pretty advantageous for anyone. The main advantages that you can experience while working as a delivery drier in Grubhub have been shared in the following section.
The driver can set their own hours
The main advantage of working as a delivery driver in Grubhub is that the delivery driver can set their own hours. This means that they can start working in the day at any time and can stop working whenever they wish to. There is also no supervision here, so the delivery driver can choose to take a vacation whenever they wish to.
The earnings are regular in Grubhub
Another great advantage about using Grubhub is that the earnings are regular here. The earnings of the delivery driver will be transferred to the bank account of the delivery driver on a weekly basis. The delivery driver can also opt to cash out their earnings on a regular basis. This can be pretty great when compared to other jobs which have a monthly salary.
The gig is great for explorers
Being a delivery driver for an on-demand food delivery app can be great for those who like to explore. The gig takes the delivery driver to new neighborhoods and even unexplored alleys. In fact, this gig is highly recommended if someone loves to explore new towns and earn money at the same time.
Educational degrees are not required here
Another great thing about the Grubhub delivery gig is that the delivery driver does not need any educational qualifications for this job. And therefore, anyone and everyone can perform this job. Unlike other jobs which require the person to have a college degree, this delivery gig does not need the person to have any such requirements.
Drivers get discounts and other perks
In addition to their pay, delivery drivers for Grubhub get many discounts and other perks in their gig. The delivery drivers who complete a certain set of deliveries in a specific period of time get to enjoy incentives and bonuses in the form of discounts and even money. This is also given to those delivery drivers who are highly rated in their gig.
Drivers get paid more during peak hours
The pay rates of the delivery drivers in Grubhub are not always the same. These delivery drivers get paid more during certain times which can greatly increase their profit. During certain peak hours, delivery drivers get paid more as a higher number of orders are placed here. In addition to this, the delivery drivers also get paid more during festival times.
They can deliver through many modes
Delivery drivers in Grubhub can choose to deliver their orders through a variety of ways. They can choose to delivery through bicycles if they want to, and can also opt to deliver through scooters or even cars. Those who opt to deliver through bicycles usually get smaller routes to deliver.
Requirements for Grubhub drivers
Those delivery drivers who wish to work for Grubhub need to have certain requirements. The different requirements for the delivery drivers in Grubhub have been listed below.
- The person needs to be above the age of 18 years. In the city of Las Vegas, they will need to be above the age of 21 years.
- The delivery driver also needs to have a phone of their own which can support the Grubhub Drivers app. Grubhub recommends an iPhone with an iOS 11 or higher or an Android phone with a 5.0 model or higher.
- The delivery driver must also have a data plan which will be available in even areas out of town. The data plan is mandatory for the delivery driver to be shown the recommended route for their delivery request.
- Another must-have for the delivery driver is a bank account to which Grubhub can deposit their earnings. The delivery drivers will be paid their payments once every week. If they want to have their earnings on a daily basis, they can do so through the Instant Cashout feature.
- If the delivery driver is opting to deliver through car, they will need to above the age of 19 years and will need a 2 years’ valid license. If they are above the age of 18 years, they will need to have a 1 year valid license. Furthermore, they will need to have insurance for their vehicles.
Other FAQs about Grubhub that you may be interested in.
How much does the CEO of Grubhub make?
What city uses Grubhub the most?
This post has answered if Grubhub drivers get benefits. In addition to this, we have checked out the main advantages or benefits of working as a delivery driver for Grubhub. Finally, we have listed the different requirements that you will need to have in order to become a delivery driver for Grubhub.
If you like this post, please leave your comments and questions below.