This article will discuss how much Blue Apron is worth. We will also be looking at the importance of meal-kit delivery services in the world today. Furthermore, we will be checking out the unique features that are present in Blue Apron, as a meal-kit delivery service. Blue Apron was founded in 2012 and is one of the pioneers in the meal kit industry.
How much is Blue Apron worth?
Blue Apron is worth 470.4 million US dollars, as per statistics from the year 2021. However, the profit that this meal-kit delivery service made during the pandemic has drastically reduced after the lockdowns have been lifted. This is due to the rise of many competitors, and also because customers have opted to shop at stores by themselves.
Importance of meal-kit services
Meal-kit delivery services like Blue Apron, HelloFresh, Gobble and others have become quite popular in the world today. The importance of such meal-kit delivery services have been discussed in the following section.
- Meal-kit delivery services bring a lot of convenience to the customer. The customer does not need to leave the house in order to get access to high quality ingredients for special recipes. This can be pretty great for those who work hard all week and do not want to spend a whole day grocery shopping during the weekend.
- These services can help customers learn new cooking skills and techniques that they might not be familiar with otherwise. Meal-kit delivery services like Blue Apron give a lot of importance to the learning part of the customer and supply a lot of information through which the customer can become a better chef in the kitchen.
- Meal-kit delivery services can be amazing for the entire family as many new recipes are brought to the dinner table. These recipes might often be overlooked in cookbooks and thus the family gets to experience many culinary adventures while using meal-kit delivery services.
- Meal-kit services not only bring plenty of variety, but also have something for the entire family. This includes picky eaters as well. Many meal-kit services like Blue Apron and HelloFresh have comfort meals and kid-approved recipes so that everyone can enjoy their meal without picking out certain ingredients from their plates.
- Meal-kit delivery services can be superb for anyone who is trying to reduce food wastage. The ingredients in these meal kits are meant to be completely used in the recipe and thus no raw ingredients are going to be wasted. The serving sizes are also meant for one person, further reducing the risk of wastage.
- The meal kits in these services can be superb for anyone who has special dietary needs. Meal-kit delivery services like Blue Apron have several diabetes-friendly recipes for those who are struggling with the disease. When compared to restaurants, there are plenty of allergen-free recipes in meal-kit services as well.
- These meal-kit services also have numerous options for those who are following special diets for their health reasons, such as keto diets, paleo diets and even vegan diets. There are also healthy options for anyone who is trying to lose weight, which further makes these meal-kit delivery services important and even more relevant.
- Meal-kit delivery services also eliminate the need for any meal-planning from the part of the customer. These services take care of planning for the customer based on their primary needs and requirements, thus making it even easier for busy people to eat healthily and deliciously for the entire week.
- Many meal-kit delivery services are also ensuring that they use more and more sustainable practices, which contribute to a greener planet. HelloFresh and Blue Apron specifically get their produce from farmers who practice sustainability. They also use recyclable and reusable packaging and carbon-neutral supply chains.
Unique features of Blue Apron
Blue Apron as a meal-kit delivery service stands out on its own even though there are several competitors which offer very similar features. This is because of the presence of several unique features in this meal-kit delivery service, such as,
- Blue Apron allows its customers to make easy modifications to their recipes based on their needs and requirements. The two main modifications allowed by Blue Apron include swapping and upgrading. The customer can swap one ingredient for another. They can also upgrade an ingredient for a better one in their recipes.
- Blue Apron also offers wine pairings for its customers. The wines are selected to particularly enhance the flavors of the meal and information about them is given in the blog section of Blue Apron.
- There is also a market section in Blue Apron that the customer can choose from. In this market section, the customer can find kitchenware for their household needs, such as utensils and even appliances like electric ovens. There is also a pantry section where the customer can find seasonings and spices.
- In Blue Apron, the customer is free to add desserts and sides to their meals if they want to make meal-time even more wholesome. The add-ons are also pretty easy to cook and do not cost too much extra.
Other FAQs about Blue Apron that you may be interested in.
Is Blue Apron or HelloFresh cheaper?
How much does Blue Apron spend on marketing?
This article has discussed how much Blue Apron is worth. We have also looked at the importance of meal-kit delivery services in the world today. Furthermore, we have checked out the unique features that are present in Blue Apron, as a meal-kit delivery service.
If you like this article, please post your comments and questions in the space below.