In this brief guide, we are going to answer the question “what is the best oven for macarons” with an in-depth analysis of the cooking of macrons in an oven that is best for baking macarons. Moreover, we are going to highlight what are some baking tips that can produce macarons with an amazing taste and texture, and what is the recipe to make macarons using a convection oven.
What is the best oven for macarons?
A convection oven that works on a uniform heat flow is the best oven for macarons. This oven works on the principle of uniform heat flow that is regulated by the air produced by an in-built fan and the circulation of heat, produced by an in-built heating element, by this air.
Through this circulation, the macrons are allowed to cook at a uniform temperature condition that leads to the production of macrons with the best quality. The macrons can be cooked in a fine shape as the heating makes the hard crumb surface that will not be broken easily and can give a crispy and crunchy texture.
Baking tips in a convection oven:
The convection oven can cook the food quickly and efficiently thus, can greatly be used for baking macarons. Macrons need a specific step-by-step protocol for which you need to follow some tips to bake them perfectly in a convection oven.
- The convection ovens come up with several in-built racks that are usually mentioned as 1-5 or 1-7 and you can cook a lot of macrons by filling all the racks simultaneously.
- For appropriate cooking of a large number of macarons at the same time, set the temperature in a convection oven appropriately from 135-555 degrees Fahrenheit with the increment of 5 degrees from bottom to top.
- Preheat the oven before placing the macrons inside as the more you preheat an oven for delicate food items, the more deliciously and appropriately they are cooked through stabilized temperature.
- You can use time and temperature settings to cook the food properly at an appropriate temperature for an appropriate duration.
- To allow the rising of food products, such as cakes and cookies, reduce the temperature as uniform high-temperature conditions harden the surface first, making it difficult for them to become fluffy and swollen.
- For multi-rack cooking, preheat the oven to a slightly higher temperature than that recommended for a single rack baking. This is because the placement of a large quantity of food subsequently absorbs a large amount of heat that causes a sudden fall in the temperature.
- The time and temperature of the oven for baking macarons should be set according to the rack position as the food placed at the bottom is likely to be heated more than that placed on the top.
- Monitor the temperature settings and food inside the oven through a display control system and a transparent window to deal with the variations that may arise during baking and can be resolved quickly.
- Baked items should be baked with great care as their ingredients should be measured properly and their recipes should be followed strictly to prevent any risk of formation of the non-tasty end product.
Other FAQs about Pasta which you may be interested in.
Recipe for making macarons:
For making macarons using a convection oven, just follow these steps.
- Take 100 grams of blanched almonds, 180 grams of sugar, 100 grams of egg whites, ¼ tsp of tartar or cream, and 35 grams of superfine white sugar.
- Make baking sheets of equal size of 3-4 cm of a circle.
- Grind the almonds and sugar mixture in a food processor for about 2-3 minutes until a finely ground powder is obtained.
- Beat the eggs and cream of tartar, using an electric mixer or a hand whisk until a foamy mixture is formed. gradually add sugar and continue beating it.
- The meringue will form in the egg white mixture. Gradually add the almond and sugar powder to the meringue. Now stop beating the meringue.
- When folded, cut the meringue and then fold up to completely fold the almond mixture inside the meringue.
- Take a pastry bag with ½ inch tip and fill half of it with the meringue batter. Place the pastry bags on parchment paper that has been cut into pieces of 2-3 cm and let the batter sit for about half an hour to an hour at room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to about 325 degrees Fahrenheit and place the macrons on the racks. Bake them for about 14-16 minutes and after baking, separate the macarons from parchment paper.
- Take out the macarons from the oven and let them cool. Fill the macarons with Swiss cream, lemon curd, chocolate ganache, jam, and so on.
Here you can find some tips to make the best macarons.
In this brief guide, we answered the question “what is the best oven for macarons” with an in-depth analysis of the oven that can be used to bake macarons. Moreover, we discussed what are the different tips to make macarons with amazing properties and what is the recipe to bake macarons.